Sunday, 3 August 2014

Mustering the 9th Legion - Dean


G'day Guys,

Since everyone seems to be getting onto this 30K bandwagon I've decided to join the frothing hordes.

First of all, I'm Dean Morris. I've been buying this plastic crack for around 10 years on and off, and now it seems its time to turn my slow attentions towards building a Horus Heresy era Blood Angels army.

Now I've always been a fan of the sons of Sanguinius but could never find the passion to collect an army of them in 40K. None of that problem since reading Fear to Tread and my love for those wacky vamps has been reignited.

Now as far as the army I want to build, I decided from the get go that as the official Blood Angels legion rules haven't been written yet I would be running a standard Legion list with the Rite of War: Orbital Assault.
So everything is in drop pods or a flyer or running a jump pack.
Which I feel fits the Angels of Death aesthetic quite nicely, As well as being quite a unique style of play

I started my Army with the fortune of winning 20 MK4 Tacticals in a local club raffle run by our main group WW40k Australia.

Immediately finding a copy of the legion army list I couldn't help but notice that Tactical marines out of a drop pod suffer from a lack of punch beyond bolters. So with that in mind I have decided to equip both ten man squads with additional CCW's to give them a bit more utility as poor man's assault marines.

Here is the Tactical Sgt's for both squads. I heavily used parts from the Sanguinary Guard boxes to give the legionaries that distinctive BA look


 I've decided to base the army on resin bases modeled like ship's hulls. Basically the Idea being that this BA strike force is assaulting an enemy ship or space station.

Here is the Rest of Tactical Squad one built. I made the decision early to equip roughly half the squad with bolters and the other half with pistols and ccw's. With bolters or knives mag locked to the belts of the others


And that's where I am at. Next stage will be scavenging enough pistols and ccw's to equip squad two and then building the first of the drop pods. Hopefully this weekend will see squad one painted in the Legion's colours

Look forward to the next update, cheers all

- Dean

No comments:

Post a Comment