Thursday, 1 January 2015

Sons of Horus and what every gamer wants............

No more models to assemble!!!!

Because that means we can head on out and get more!!!

I have had a busy few days in-between kids, holidays and attempting to teach my daughter how to use the xbox - assembling every piece of 30k in the house.

As a result we have the following additions all now assembled and undercoated on the painting desk.

World Eaters

20 Man Tactical Squad
Medic
10 Ravagers with Jump Packs
Missile Launcher Heavy Marine Squad
2 x Contemptors
Legion Glave Super Heavy
Melta Predator
Command Squad
8 Metal 40k Veterans (To swap into Legion Marine Squads for games of 40k - will allow me to run a proper Battle Company using the Marine Dex).
Selection of Heavy and Special weapon dudes in Mk2/3 and 4 armour (To make up 40k Tactical Squads with the metal vets)

Sons of Horus

Jump pack Primus Medicae
10 Reavers with Jump packs
Missile Launcher Heavy Marine Squad
1x Contemptor





Now im also looking to conserve a few dollars by sharing some vehicle - namely Drop Pods.

I am considering painting all of my drop pods (2 plastic and 1 Anvillus) a basic grey as if they were to be a standard colour across all the Legions. I figure it will allow me to use them with any of my armies and will mean I only need to buy a few more to make a fully fledged Orbital Assault Force.

I have also just finished getting the first 2k points of Sons of Horus done. I am still trying to improve my face/skin painting so consider Horus 90% done for now (needed to get him onto the table for a batrep).



Speaking of which you can enjoy their first game here in a what if scenario vs some 40k Deathwing.



Cheers for stopping by.

Ty


4 comments:

  1. Good choice of superheavy. The glaive is the most dange thing on a 4x6

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glave just hit the painting rack - all the WE infantry are finished - update this weekend!!!

      Delete
  2. Just watched your battle report, I'm a little confused. Doesn't the waraster get 6 attacks because he has two close combat weapons? And were you not using sire of the sons of horus? +d3 attacks once those other terminators joined in?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Other than that it looked like a really close fun match :) plus I'm sure the extra attacks wouldn't have mattered with your rolling Ty :P

    ReplyDelete